Datto is a leading provider of backup, disaster recovery (BDR), and business continuity solutions targeted to the small to medium business (SMB) market. Datto solutions are designed around the hybrid cloud platform, the most reliable and efficient way for end-users to back up their data securely and ensure that it is recoverable regardless of any disaster scenario.
In the context of data backup, a combination of private and public backup solutions can be used to form an efficient and robust platform. Hybrid cloud vendors use their expertise to engineer enterprise-grade backup solutions that can be affordable for businesses of any size.
On the private cloud side, an end-user would have a local device that acts as a NAS (Network-Attached Storage) unit backing up data locally, while concurrently pushing data off-site to a secure, third party cloud. What sets these units apart from a typical NAS unit is that they also apply complex data deduplication, compression, file conversion, and other processes which are unique to each vendor. These processes help reduce storage space on local devices and off-site servers, keep local bandwidth reduction at a minimum, and optimize the backup process to make data recovery as efficient and quick as possible, both locally and in the cloud.
The public cloud side is comprised of the data center infrastructure developed by the cloud provider. Mirrored backup images from local backup devices are stored and archived in proprietary data centers, so they can be accessed in the event that backup records are not available locally (i.e. a disaster scenario1).
Having the cloud infrastructure developed by a third party is valuable to consumers because through economies of scale, backup cloud vendors can provide space in the cloud at lower costs per GB than the average MSP could provide if they built their own cloud. This enables IT service providers and their clients to leverage cloud storage, without having to pay high monthly fees. Also, by utilizing third party technology, end-users and MSPs need not worry about maintenance of the cloud; that liability lies entirely with the vendor
Backup Your "Treasure Chest" of Data
Even Keel Backup is an automated data backup and restoration system providing powerful tools to protect your organization's data. Unlike traditional data protection tools, Even Keel Backup does not require any human assistance beyond the initial installation and setup. There is no media to install, remove, protect, or replace. Even Keel Backup is highly secure and only you have access to your information and data. It is safe, simple, and secure!
Your valuable data is encrypted and stored at an off-site secure data center. Without your password, no one else can read or use your confidential information, not even the staff at Even Keel Backup.
What does Even Keel Backup deliver?
- Easy Installation - All software required for easy and secure data backup is installed and configured in minutes. There is no additional hardware to install, maintain, or learn how to use.
- Backup From Anywhere - Secure backups can be accomplished from any Internet connection.
- Anytime Access - Access your stored data anytime from any place with an Internet connection. Recovery of lost files is fast and easy.
- Minimum Effort, Minimum Time - Quick and easy backup of your protected data each time you back up.
- Flexible Version Control - We provide unmatched flexibility in storing multiple versions of the same document. It is easy to recover previous versions of individual documents.
- Secure Off-Site Storage - A redundant copy of all of your critical information is stored in the secure off-site data center. If your system crashes or your laptop is stolen, your important information is still safe and easily restored at any time, day or night.
- No Hardware to Fail or Maintain - No bad media, broken tape drives, misplaced tapes, or faulty CD drives. Your secure backup process is completely software-driven and your backup is stored off-site without the hassle of putting tapes or CDs in another location.
- Automated Process - Be sure your data is being backed up correctly with our easy-to-use automated system. No operator errors or forgotten backups. You even receive automatic reminders if you forget to back up your data.
- 256-bit Encryption - All of your information is automatically encrypted based on your private password prior to being transmitted to a secure off-site data center.
- Only You Have Access - Without your password, the stored information cannot be read or used by anyone else, including Even Keel Backup staff. Only you have access to your stored data.
- Changes Only - Once your encrypted information is stored in an off-site data center, only the encrypted changes to your data are transmitted to ensure the fastest performance. This process guarantees that the information sent is meaningless to anyone but you and your encrypted Even Keel Backup account.